Widgetized Section

UK (Oct 7) – The Westboro Baptist Church, for anyone who does not know, is a despicable bunch of delusional inbred maniacs.  They have long confused being righteous with being total pricks.

Each day Fred Phelps, whose status as Reverend is completely made up, and whose mother first met his father in the womb, leads them further into the abyss. The overuse of the word ‘controversial’ in the media is not only a gross under-statement, but also the wrong “C” word to use.

They receive a lot of press, mainly bad.  They have many beliefs, mainly ridiculous, and they have a few followers, all with some fairly serious mental problem.

Known primarily for their love of picketing funerals of dead soldiers, they have little fans out with the incestuous circle that they call a church.  They hate everyone who is not part of their messed up gene pool.

Yesterday the US Supreme Court heard a tricky case, in which the Church cited the 1st amendment, their right to religious freedom, a religious freedom to picket a family burying their son.

It is worth pointing out that the second amendment is the right to bear arms. I am not calling for the murder of simpletons.  As dangerous as they are, this is not Nazi Germany.  Nevertheless, I doubt anyone would hang about to picket an armed funeral.

I know little about the amendments to the constitution, like when the last one was made etc, but I think it is time to introduce another one.  Stick it on at the end; make it read ‘don’t be a dick’.  The actions of the Westboro Baptist Church are very dickish, the entire group is made up of brainwashed, slightly simple, ears at different levels of their odd shaped head, religious maniacs.

Among the long list of things that GOD!!! (On the other hand, Fred Phelps) hates, gay people, the military, everyone Phelps has not sired and the Swedish.

People they admire; Saddam Hussein and Al Gore. Exactly.

Albert Snyder, the father of Matthew Snyder, the dead soldier whose funeral was interrupted and ruined by these people was awarded $10 million by a Baltimore court, later lowered to $5 million.

The Church was out in force at the Supreme Court yesterday, which was the main event after they warmed up on Saturday night by protesting at a Lady Gaga gig.  Lady Gaga warned her fans that the hate-filled church was protesting outside, and urged them not to get involved, stating “we preach love and unity.”  Her fans turned out with gay pride flags, and mock pickets stating the “God Hates Figs,” a play on the Phelps’ most famous war cry and URL of their website ‘god hates fags’.

I have tried my best to put some news into this article.  However, to be honest there is not much.  I just cannot stop myself from writing this, much like the Phelps’ desire to picket funerals by day, and stage ‘who has the most fingers’ competitions by night.

Fred Phelps is a disgraced lawyer with an ego that Pat Robertson would cringe at, he is a child abuser and criminal.  If he, or his despicable excuse for a church pickets the funeral of someone you love, don’t try to act like the bigger person, obey the God of impulse, march on over to them, take one of those pickets and stuff-it where the sun does not shine.  Slap one of those small, ignorant, brainwashed children across the rear-end and let them know at a young age that being a mean gets you a spanking.

These people shouldn’t be allowed to hide behind any amendment, the Westboro Baptist Church is a front, if a God hates gay people, or Swedes, or black people then not only is that God not a God, but he is also a total demon.

The Phelps’ and the Westboro Baptist Church are the perfect example of what happens when people of low intelligence try to understand religion.  When you read at the level of a slightly dim 4 year old, the bible is maybe too much to comprehend, may I recommend something with pop up pages.

henry hunter – WorldNewsVine Scotland

henryhunter Posted by on October 7, 2010. Filed under Breaking News,Henry Hunter Politics - World News,Opinion and Editorial,Opinion Editorial,Scotland,United Kingdom,US Criminal Justice,WorldNewsVine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

16 Responses to Westboro Baptist Church Love Al Gore & Religious Fundamentalism, Hate Lady Gaga & Sweden.

1. Pingback: World Wide News Flash

2. phoenix

October 7, 2010 at 11:04 am

wbc is the greatest thing since panini bread. they tell it like it is. i m a big christian myself. mow dem heathen down.JESUSis it.selah

henryhunter

October 7, 2010 at 11:36 am

I think you mean ciabatta. They tell it exactly as it is, if what it is is completely bigoted, racist, homophobic, uneducated nonsense.

Cheers for the comment though.

• Scott

October 8, 2010 at 11:08 am

Sorry, God hates WBC:

From Proverbs 6:
      16 There are six things that the LORD hates,
      seven that are an abomination to him:
      17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
      and hands that shed innocent blood,
      18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
      feet that make haste to run to evil,
      19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
      and one who sows discord among brothers.

WBC almost runs the table on these seven things that God hates.

3. Pingback: Westboro Baptist Church Love Al Gore & Religious Fundamentalism, Hate Lady … – WorldNewsVine | We are GAGA about GAGA

4. Pingback: Westboro Baptist Church Love Al Gore & Religious Fundamentalism, Hate Lady … – WorldNewsVine

5. Ruckamuck

October 7, 2010 at 11:42 am

So news of the WBC has been around for years. And yet we are given an article about them in 2010? I’m confused about the purpose of this article and find it trite to say the least. The whole is thing is a useless rant against this church which, might I add, a large percentage of the human race strongly abhor. Who is the target audience here? Do you feel your readers support this church and therefore you need to persuade them otherwise? It seems that articles like this serve no purpose except to keep this disgraceful group of people in the limelight. Also this article contains over 10 paragraphs and only one has really anything to do with the headline. Not saying I disagree but the hateful rhetoric is really getting old. Get over it and let this group coalesce back into the cesspool from whence it came.

henryhunter

October 7, 2010 at 11:59 am

I pick and chose subjects that are in the news. They were in the news, so I went for it. While they may be big old news in their country of origin, they very rarely (if at all) make the news in the UK. The only exception i can think of is the excellent Louis Theroux documentary.

I wasn’t trying to be old hat, and I would hope my readers don’t need convinced about the WBC. I simply read a news story I didn’t like and wrote a bit about it.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the comment. I hope you have the chance to read some more of my stuff and this hasn’t put you off.

6. Ihatehaters

October 7, 2010 at 12:20 pm

And just what does Al Gore have to do with this?

• Scott W.

October 7, 2010 at 12:51 pm

My guess the headline reflects a paradox whereas, Al Gore is a rather liberal thinker and this whacko from Westboro is not… In other words, how could someone believe in a member of society that would never consider doing anything as hideous as what Phelps and his psychopaths’ have

• Dave

November 17, 2010 at 10:29 am

I think what he is getting at is that Al Gore is a very large tool.

7. Pingback: Westboro Baptist Church Love Al Gore & Religious Fundamentalism, Hate Lady … – WorldNewsVine « Music Tube

8. Pingback: correctly Controlling Your Communion Supplies

9. Becks

October 7, 2010 at 7:16 pm

WBC is a cult but I agree that writing about them give their cause/lunicy publicity…however as this is an opinion article and a very funny cutting one at that I can’t see the harm in it. Well written and funny.

10. Scott

October 8, 2010 at 11:03 am

I am so glad you wrote this. Got tired of reading depressing news about what we CAN’T do about these people. Great idea about the armed funeral. Oops! My rifle slipped.

11. Pingback: World Spinner