Widgetized Section

Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19

Scotland (Oct 11) – Firstly, I should point out that I do not get a say in marijuana legislation, if I had the opportunity to vote on Proposition 19, the California Marijuana Legalization initiative, I would most certainly vote yes.

The argument that it causes mental health issues is completely redundant.  While that may be the case in very, very, very few cases think about how watching the news makes you feel, Depressed, Angry.  Your boss gives you a hard time; you clock out and head to the pub where you soak your anger in alcohol because it is legal.  Nevertheless, you should not.  To some this is like trying to put out a fire with petrol.

There is no mystery with drugs, they all do something useful booze makes nightclubs bearable and mediocre women with no soul seem attractive.  Mushrooms can open your mind, or at least make college classes more interesting and marijuana makes absolutely, positively everything on the face of the planet taste, feel, and look and smell better.  I cannot recommend it enough, just last night I smoked an amazing joint just before bed and watched a couple of DVDs.

This weekend I have drank a Herculean amount of booze (for me, truth be told I am a lightweight) mainly Singapore Slings and vodka, not mixed I am no heathen.  I feel infinitely better this morning than I did yesterday morning.  It is all very well doing drugs, but…  Nah, it is just all very well doing drugs.  It is your body, if you want to experience something that you have no chance of finding through religion or romance, take some drugs.

The brain is an incredible thing.  Certain drugs do certain things to the brain.  I would not recommend taking mushrooms and smoking lots of weed before entering a nightclub, but I had a blast that night.  The lights, the music, the sweat, the girls, the dancing, it all came together like some big beast intent on blowing my mind and turning me on.

The next night I got drunk.  That is all that happened that night.

If you are lucky enough to vote on Prop 19, you might as well vote yes.  Any scientific back up you think you have to this argument is completely ridiculous, and probably comes from one or more media outlets.

It is difficult to talk about legalising this drug in particular without coming off like a cliché stoner, but it is a great drug.  If you disagree with that then do not smoke it.  Then you really should not be drinking or using any sort of drug, in fact if you vote no, then I hope you campaign to get all drugs made illegal, but think about it first.  No one likes a hypocrite.

Henry Hunter – WorldNewsVine Scotland.

henryhunter Posted by on October 12, 2010. Filed under Breaking News,From the Left,Headline News,Henry Hunter Politics - World News,National News,Opinion Editorial,RNC,RNC - Issues,WorldNewsVine. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

27 Responses to Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19

1. Pingback: Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19 – WorldNewsVine | Legal Highs|Herbal Highs|Herbal Smoke|Legal Bud|Legal Weed

2. Pingback: Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19 – WorldNewsVine | Marijuana Movies

3. Kevin

October 12, 2010 at 10:02 am

Aye, laddie! Let’s bring back Cannabis NOW!

4. Pingback: Tweets that mention Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19: Scotland (Oct 11) – Firstly, I should point out that I do no... -- Topsy.com

5. John

October 12, 2010 at 10:09 am

Why don’t you support legalizing marijuana in Scotland instead of telling California what to do? Pot is already decriminalized and legal under medical marijuana. Prop 19 is about creating a big pot industry and forcing local governments to spend money regulating it and letting neighborhoods go to pot with pot gardens. The law is a train wreck. Try it in Scotland first and see if it works.

• AlansK

October 12, 2010 at 11:05 am

I have to disagree John. Prop 19 allows adults to grow their own 25 square foot patch. If you could buy it in stores as with cigarettes then I doubt many people would grow their own but would at least give them the option.

Also, prop 19 doesn’t force local governments to do anything. Have you read it? If a city government chooses to do nothing, to not regulate cannabis, then it remains illegal in that city.

There are many good reasons to support legalization and few to support prohibition which has obvioulsy created more problems than it has solved.

• Matt

October 13, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Americans played with prohibition in the early 20th century and the experiment failed miserably. It really gave birth to the American mafia and other mobs. So, in our infinite wisdom, let’s do the same thing again knowing that the outcome will most likely be the same. Wait a sec, isn’t that the definition of stupidity.

• Buzzby

October 12, 2010 at 3:29 pm

If you aren’t really ill, isn’t getting your medical weed just to get high an ethical dilemma? I prefer the truth to lies.
      Prop 19 is about eliminating an unjust prohibition against a plant that is far less harmful than alcohol, tobacco, and every pharmaceutical drug on the market, including aspirin. The prohibition was instituted at the behest of business interests that didn’t want competition from cheap, easy to produce hemp. People in a free society should have the option to use the safest recreational drug known to Man, without pretending to be sick.

• Al

October 12, 2010 at 7:02 pm

As a life-long California resident, I will be voting YES on 19.

If you think it has already been decriminalized in CA, try growing a plant without a prescription and see how far you get with that.

It may not be perfect, but it is a whole lot better than the failed policies of prohibition.

YES on 19.

henryhunter

October 13, 2010 at 5:19 am

I do support it in Scotland. I would be proud as punch for something like Prop19 to happen in Scotland.

6. Pingback: Would Passage of Prop. 19 Do More Good Than Harm? – Wall Street Journal (blog) | Marijuana Movies

7. Pingback: Would Passage of Prop. 19 Do More Good Than Harm? – Wall Street Journal (blog) | Legal Highs|Herbal Highs|Herbal Smoke|Legal Bud|Legal Weed

8. Pingback: Would Passage of Prop. 19 Do More Good Than Harm? – Wall Street Journal (blog) « Contacto Latino News

9. juanvaldez

October 12, 2010 at 11:51 am

@ JOHN.
    Train Wreck? I did not see any train wrecks in Amsterdam. I saw a ton of shop keepers making income, paying taxes and Thriving. In fact Amsterdam is gearing up for its number one money maker of the year, a small convention for judging the finest marijuana on the planet.
    Please everyone educate yourself! quit relying on CNN and FOX to Tell you how you should feel about subjects.

In California there are more Marijuana smokers than in Amsterdam (Maybe because it is illegal). Amsterdam has less crime, guns, drug war, murder, and their Train Wreck ( A strain of marijuana is Great!!) However, this train wreck equals tourism, taxes, and steady income.

FACT: NO ONE EVER DIED FROM SMOKING MARIJUANA, but hell, take 10 asprin or drink yourself a big bottle of liquor, We will try and pump your stomach to keep you from poisoning yourself, But Marijuana never poisoned anyone. Google, Deaths from Alcohol, Vicodin, OXy, Tylenol, sleep aids, caffeine.

Again I beg you all to do your own research.
    Maybe take a look at it like this…. Joe Drinks, Joe Drinks a lot!
    Joe is bored, goes to pub drinks too much, Joe dies on way home, also takes a family, his car crashed into.

RIP JOE and the unsuspecting family that was murdered.
    Maybe if Joe Liked Marijuana (and could have accessed it) he would not have done to the pub to get wasted and kill people, but stayed home smoked a joint and never got so intoxicated so that he lost control of motor function and the false sense of security that alcohol gives you.

And to my friends who can not vote on this subject, stay informed! Teach others and Thank You for the blog and info. Matters not that you are far from California, this is a world debate. The world is watching and waiting for their chance to Legalize the worlds largest cash crop.

I speak with quite a few people daily on this subject. I converse with Thousands on the internet about this subject. I am a patient in California with a broken neck. At one time I would eat ten vicodin per day and was heavily intoxicated just to cope with the constant pain. Now with Marijuana I can play with my children again, I now do things that I once thought I would never do again.

Most of the people that I have seen that are ANTI PROP 19 are Making money off of the illegal sales of marijuana (Black Market)
    Or those who believe Reefer Madness was a documentary and not just about scaring your citizens to further the production of Cotton, Plastics, and Fiberglass.

Free Online movies to watch.
    Reefer Madness
    “Grass”

• Matt

October 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm

The only people who died from marijuana were those dealing in it. There are no deaths that result from using it. As an ex-police officer, I used to really like dealing with people on marijuana. They don’t want to kill you – you’re in danger of getting hugged and kissed, not shot

10. Pingback: A Child Psychiatrist’s Fears, Ctd – The Atlantic | Marijuana Movies

11. Pingback: A dopey measure on marijuana – Los Angeles Times | Marijuana Movies

12. Pingback: A dopey measure on marijuana – Los Angeles Times | My Blog

13. ConservativeChristian

October 12, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Jesus said “Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them.” (Matthew 7:12).

I know I wouldn’t want my child sent to jail with the sexual predators, or my aging parents to have their house confiscated and sold by the police, for growing a marijuana plant.

Let’s change the world. Let’s get registered and vote.

Just Google your state name and the phrase, voter registration. In many states, you can simply print off the form and mail it in, but do it today! Registration deadlines are upon us!

• Scott W.

October 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Oh Brother How Are Thou — didn’t spew this same crap on the other article?

14. Pingback: Vote Yes On Being Less Hypocritical | Proposition 19 – WorldNewsVine

15. Pingback: Marijuana, other California ballot measures get non-partisan scrutiny – San Francisco Chronicle (blog) | Marijuana Movies

16. Pingback: Marijuana, other California ballot measures get non-partisan scrutiny – San Francisco Chronicle (blog) | Legal Highs|Herbal Highs|Herbal Smoke|Legal Bud|Legal Weed

17. Pingback: Legally Loaded: Marijuana Today — Cocaine and Heroin Tomorrow? – Huffington Post (blog)

18. Pingback: Prop. 19 could spark US-Calif. legal war over pot – Scripps News | Legalize California

19. Matt

October 13, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I am all for Proposition 19 and I am eagerly following it. However, the reasons for marijuana being illegal are more economic than anything. Weyerhauser, the paper manufacturing company in Washington State, stands to lose billions on hemp paper. Hemp paper can be reused many, many times over. Clothing manufacturers also stand to lose billions because hemp as a weaving/sewing material is much more durable. Big Pharma stands to lose billions as well because marijuana can help with so many maladies. It is the interests of big business that have largely kept marijuana illegal. Now that our country is basically a third world and we need something to make up for our budget shortfall that we consider marijuana …… for economic reasons.

20. Pingback: Decriminalizing pot not enough – PCC Courier